Order of Service
Join us each Sunday at 11 a.m. at 8827 Heiferhorn Way in north Columbus. (Come a little early for conversation and coffee.)
Our services typically last less than an hour. They include music, readings, a short meditation and a 20-minute talk or presentation. We call it “the Sunday program.”
The order of service can change, but the program is the centerpiece. We’re a small Fellowship, and we don’t have a UU minister. (Yet!) Instead, we rely on members, friends and guest speakers from the community to present the Sunday program. Programs are often related to the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism, but the topics are wide ranging. Programs are followed by a short questions-and -comments. It’s all friendly and informal. The exact order of service changes from week to week, but here’s what to look forward to.
Elements of a Sunday Service
- 11 a.m. Opening Hymn, with the UU Singers.
- Welcome and announcements from the service leader.
- Lighting the Chalice.
- Affirmation of the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism.
- Joys and Concerns
- Celebration of Life Toast
- Silent mediation
- Offering (with offertory music)
- A reading (we draw these from many sources.)
- Sunday Program (see above)
- Closing hymn
- Extinguishing the Chalice
- Closing words